Her first song was done with friend Kesha and since then this young and beautiful female rapper has opened up for DJ Quick, Second2None,Suga Free and is the current reigning champion On K-Day Blow It Up or Slow It Up.
She has been featured on several mixed tapes in her career; Brazil Street Hustlaz (Brazil Street Records), Compton Life (Brazil Street Records),Living Like A Rock Star ( Terry and C-Styles)and "Caltroit" with Bishop Lamont who is signed to Aftermath Records; urban and music industry legend Dr Dre's protégé. Her talents have not gone unnoticed in the European market;
B-FLY was featured on the UK European Sensation Charmaine Laudat's song "Sensational. Her resume includes live performences at Club Bleu, Club Zen Lounge,Club Allstars,Club Mango Tango, and the Cheese Cafe'.On stage B-Fly synchronizes vocally with her beats and her lyrics; she shows precision in her live performences and she proves to be dynamically energetic, though new to the music industry on stage and in the studio she is a veteran performer! It's no surprise that she has had several well known magazine interviews which can be found in Sister2Sister magazine,AllHood,Collabarations and will be in the up coming issue of XXL magazine.She is currently working on her solo album"B-FLY...Life Is Like...."
Inspired by the likes of the late Tupac, Lauryn Hill, MC Lyte,NAS,Lil' Kim and Jadakiss but still shows originality in her flow. Not only is young artist blessed with the gift to write and perform but she is young entrepenuer with dreams of one day opening up a community music school,make-up line and a clothing line. Already planning to have longevity in the music industry and giving back to her beloved community of Compton,CA. B-FLY is here to make a name for herself and a future that would have been robbed from her if she had not discovered her god given talent to write and perform. Journey with B-FLY and watch as this beautiful MC blossom into something extraordinary and unforgettable!
Interview: By Taiwan Mixon
Since gotmix covers everything from sports, music, and entertainment what is your faviorite sports team, and player and why?
1. My favorite team is the Lakers; because they are persistent in being winners and set they're goals high. My favorite player would have to be Kobe because he never stops getting better, sucess is something he must achieve and i am as well a achiever.
How long have you been writing? How would you best describe yourself?
2. I have been writing poetry since i was 7 years old. i am very outspoken so its a must i be heard . I combined my poetry with music in 2006 because i wanted the world to hear what i had to say because growing up there were things I couldn't say being a child but now I'm grown and i love expressing my freedom of speech.
Since you have come into the game what is your personal favorite track that you have done? What projects are you working on?
3. My favorite song is entitled "Feel my pain" which u can find on Youtube produced by Kip Wilson. It expresses my life, things i been thru, and how looking at others going thru life dealing with bigger problems then mine's made my struggles and difficulties seem so small. The pain I was experiencing in life wasnt anything compared to the world's problems so i wanted to expose it all...this song started my career on KDAY's Blow it up or Slow it up when for 2 consecutive months been titled the Undefeated Champ. My new mixtape "Pink Presidents" will hits the streets and internet Sept. 15th . The motto for the project is " Only for the Bosses, strictly for the Ladies" because women work hard in the rap game as well as men and our neva credited the same, so with this project i wanted to uprise women but let the men know i am something to be reckoned with as well as being lyrically inclined as well.
You have been threw lots of situations in your life, can you explian what happen to you in which the night you got shot? Tell the people what happen; and about the day to day struggle in Compton, Ca. Tell us about how it was growing up in Compton, Ca and things that people might not know about things going on in the city.
4. A day living in Compton isnt just a breezy sunday afternoon or a day at the park but its home to me. Where i come from is important to me because i wouldnt be who i am today, also in a city that small people dream outside that box, but at the same time there is that factor of violence, and crime, but thru it all i have had plenty of great times, great events, and things that have came from people trying to rebuild what has been demolished. I love the Hub City....period.
What are your favorite eating spots? What is your favorite dish of chocie?
5. My favorite place to eat is Calornia Fish Grill. I love baked fish .My favorite dish is Garlic buttered Catfish and Rice.
How is the dating scene for you now that you are a female hip hop artist?
6. Since i started rappin guys notice me as the Game's sister more than my look, but I am hot!!!I have always been noticed either for my outgoing personality or my charisma. It's crazy because people look at me like a A Rapstar sister but actually I have my own goals and talent so I am my own Star.
What do you do in your spare time?
7. In my spare time I like to relax, read books, and educate my mind musically then write my own music. I also like to explore things i have never done, I am a first time for everything, girl!
Who are some of your influnces in the music game and your life and why?
8. My inspiration to do music comes from, my dad(George Taylor), my brother"s (BigFase100 & Tha Game).
I am in fluenced by Queen Latifah, Mc Lyte, Lauryn Hill, Tupac, Scarface, Naz, Kanye West & Beyonce. I respect they hustle in the music business, and what they brought to it.
Is there anybody you want to thanks to?
9. Thank You: Brazil Street Records (Bigfase100 Greedy, Lotto, Finess,DJ 24K, The Machine Produtions), DJ BACKSIDE, SUPASTAR HAIR SALON, TAMIKA BELL(my beatician), all my Family & friends, & GotMix for this interview.
Can you explain to the people what B FLY means?
B-FLY MEANS TO BE FABULOUS AND YOURSELF!!!!